It’s time for hunting Easter eggs. For affiliates, it’s time for crafting profitable e-commerce campaigns, checking out the best converting verticals and trending offers to make the most of their efforts. If you want to learn how to profit from the Easter season, you have come to the right place.
The Easter Bunny is just around the corner. Hooray!
I know you feel just the same way. It’s time to slow down, forget about your work for a while, right? Well, not really, if you are serious about your business.
In affiliate marketing slang, “Happy Easter” basically means “A profitable one”. Is it easy to achieve? No, it’s never easy. Is it doable? Yes, it is, if you are revenue driven and passionate professional and know how much it takes to be successful. But even though it’s hard, it’s worth trying.
Just take a look at these numbers presented by the United States National Retail Federation.
- 79% of Americans are going to celebrate Easter this year
- They will spend $18.11 billion in total, and $151.25 per capita
- Every third dollar will be spent on gifts or clothing
- 48% of those who don’t celebrate Easter still will participate in the shopping spree
We Are Living in an Era of e-Commerce
Talking about solid data concerning affiliates’ profits during holidays, let’s concentrate for a minute on the bigger picture of our industry.
According to estimations published by Statista, in 2019 retail e-commerce sales worldwide will amount to $3.45 trillion. It’s almost twice as much as three years ago and far less than $4.88 trillion predicted for 2021.
What is more, online shopping is also trending as one of the most popular online activities. Millennials make more than 54% of their purchases while browsing, and revenue of the top three (and worldwide recognized) online stores reached almost $100 billion back in 2017.
It’s not a secret that the power of e-commerce will only increase. Do you want a piece of it? I’m glad to hear that.
What Are the Best Affiliate Verticals for Easter Season?
It’s not a coincidence that I provided you with such a long introduction about e-commerce. A shopping frenzy is actually one of the biggest opportunities for affiliate marketing specialists to profit during holidays like Easter.
Typical customers buy a lot these days, sometimes even more than they can afford, throwing parties for their families, buying gifts, flowers, clothes, etc.
The other vertical you should take a closer look during Easter is travel (and booking sites). Obviously, we need to move from place A to place B to celebrate the holidays with our loved ones. That’s one explanation.
On the other hand, there’s also a significant group of travelers that are skipping any holiday season to spend that time on sunny beaches instead of having a series of family dinners.
They need to book a flight, hotel, rent a car. They need your offers.
Top Affiliate Marketing Offers to Promote in Q2 2019
Apart from Easter-themed offers, there are several other trends in affiliate marketing to follow during the upcoming weeks.
Recently I wrote a blog post about Top Affiliate Marketing Offers to Promote in Q2 2019, long story short, here are some tips on what you should pay attention to when optimizing your campaigns in the middle of April:
- If you are not a newbie, analyze your previous year’s performance in Q2, select verticals and offers that were converting best.
- If you are new in the business, here is our recommendation based on historical data: downloads, shopping, travel, surveys and sweeps.
- Take advantage of the calendar. From April till June there are at least a couple of potentially profitable events (from Mother’s Day to Memorial Day and NBA Finals – see the calendar posted above). Remember about them while crafting your e-commerce and sports betting campaigns.
Happy Easter with Golden Hits of Push Notification Ads
Due to their popularity among affiliates right now, it’s impossible to talk about the optimal performance marketing strategy for Easter season without at least mentioning push notification ads.
After analyzing recent trends in push ads campaigns in Zeropark (comparing e.g. numbers of sold visits and conversions), we may make a list of verticals better performing than others.
Simply put, it’s worth considering starting survey and sweeps (including vouchers), dating, casino and gambling (including sports betting) and finance (including insurance, loans, real estate, investing and tax – better check out How You Can Make Money on the 2019 Tax Season) offers.
Before you start, read about The Hottest Trends in Push Notification Ads Creatives, one of our latest blog posts featuring recent trends in creating profitable and eye-catching push ads.
How to Profit from the Easter Season – Key Takeaways
Easter season is here. It’s a massive opportunity for your affiliate marketing activities. Planning to boost your performance in the following weeks? Here you will find a bunch of tips. Enjoy!
- Make it Easter-themed. Little cute bunnies, chickens and painted eggs are what we all like these days.
- Think about customer needs. Gifts and clothing are on the top of e-commerce spendings during the Easter season. Average US citizen will spend $50 on it.
- Pay attention to Q2 trends and red hot verticals and ad formats at the moment. Search for the best e-commerce, travel and survey and sweeps offers.
- Take advantage of the calendar. There are some great e-commerce and sports and betting opportunities waiting for you.
- Target, analyze, react and optimize your campaign smoothly to make the most of it.
You’re new in the business? Here’s what Neill Burton, Zeropark’s Head of Account Management, recommends you do:
My general advice is to start big, pausing either keywords or sources that do not work to cut off big sections of unprofitable traffic. Once you’re happy with the keywords or sources left, you should then start optimizing on the target level.