Custom Bids per Target / Source
The key point of any optimization is rearranging your money flow from non-profitable to profitable placements. You can set a custom bid for any target / source in your campaign.
Setting a custom bid on a given source or target will allow you to:
- Receive more traffic from the source / target, if you raise the bid
- Lower the price of traffic from the source / target, if you lower the bid
Hence, you have three options of source level optimization :
- If you have great ROI on traffic from a given source, increase your bid to get more traffic.
- If your ROI on traffic from a given source is marginally negative, lower the bid to pay less.
- If a given placement does not perform at all, just pause it.
Modifying the Bid
In order to set a custom value for the bid, perform the following steps:
- Go to the Targets / Sources tab.
- Click the Auto button in the Your bid column. The cell switches to the editing mode.
- Provide a custom bid for:
- A target: It will override both, source and campaign bids.
- A source: It will override the default campaign bid.