Security in Zeropark for Publishers
Zeropark has two security features available that to protect your account from getting hacked:
- New login sessions
- Two-factor authentication
New Sign-in Sessions
Opt-in by default, you are notified by email anytime a new device logs into your Zeropark account. Once notified, you can act on any suspicious sign-ins by suspending your account and resetting the password.
Suspending your account will:
- Send you an email with a new password
- Terminate all active sessions
- Pause any feeds
- Suspend any financial transactions
- Require a member of Zeropark Support to reactivate your account
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) is a method of signing in to the Zeropark platform that requires more than just a password. Using only a password to sign in to any website is vulnerable to security threats because a malicious user only needs one piece of information to gain access to your account. 2FA places an extra layer of security on your account by requiring both your password and a second authentication code while signing in. The only way a user can sign in to your account is if they have your password and the authentication code from your registered mobile device(s). For Zeropark, the additional authentication code will be generated by a Time-based One-Time Password (TOTP) mobile app.
Before you start turning on the Two-Factor Authentication for you Zeropark, it is required to download and install a Time-based One-Time Password (TOTP) application. The TOTP application automatically generates authentication codes that expire and refresh after certain periods of time. TOTP applications are more reliable than using SMS authentication, so 2FA on the Zeropark platform will utilize the TOTP authentication only.
Download one of the following mobile applications:
- For Android, iOS, and Blackberry: Google Authenticator
- For Android and iOS: Duo Mobile
- For Windows Phone: Authenticator
After installing the TOTP application on your mobile device, set 2FA in the Zeropark platform:
- Go to the Account in your profile.
- Go to Security tab.
- In the Security tab click the TURN ON button to apply Two-Factor Authentication for your account. The 2FA startup page will show up.
- After reading the information how the authentication process looks like, click the Start setup button.
- Scan the barcode image in the pop-up page using the TOTP application. If you cannot scan the QR code from your computer screen, you can always use a text code option. Click the text code in step 1. in the Two-factor authentication pop-up window and next, type the text code to the mobile application field.
- Input the six-digit code from the application into the field in step 2.
- To complete the verification select Continue and you will see the Two-Factor Authentication status is turned on.