If you’re wondering what’s nutra vertical exactly, if it’s still profitable in 2022 given the coronavirus pandemic, or what other niches come under the umbrella term — you’ve just found yourself in the right place.
What you’ll find below is the ultimate guide to running affiliate marketing campaigns with nutra vertical in 2022 (also weight loss and beauty niches included!). We know the potential is there, and we have the tools you need to make the most of it.
Are your campaigns ready for it? Let’s find out!
What is nutra vertical in affiliate marketing?
Nutra is actually an abbreviation for nutraceuticals or nutritional supplements. These are not prescription drugs and medicine, but supplements and products with added health benefits. For example, dietary and beauty supplements or food additives.
Within the nutra vertical there are more narrow niches such as health supplements, weight loss, weight gain, skincare, teeth whitening, brain enhancement, and male enhancement pills.
In addition to the variety of verticals, you’ll also notice that the same products can appeal to very different demographics. That means you can use different angles for the same offer, which is especially good if you’re only starting with nutra ads. You get to test various options and have a chance to find the right market to pitch.
It also means you can experiment and try running good, high-return offers with different target groups. Though we’d recommend waiting until you gain a bit more experience in the nutra department before trying the high-payout offers.
A couple of important things to note with nutra and related verticals include:
- Be careful of regulations in different GEOs,
- Make sure you use Adult traffic for Adult items only,
- The most common payout models for affiliates are CPA (cost per action) and CPS (cash per sale).
Is running nutra offers worth it in 2022? [COVID-19 UPDATE]
After the bumpy beginning of the last year (to say the least) things have changed forever. Nobody has quite expected that the coronavirus limitations will go on for more than a year, completely changing the way we live, work, commute, exercise and entertain. Also, whoever had said that the work-from-home model was not possible in their workplace, was very much proved wrong.
But what does the worldwide pandemic situation have to do with running nutra offers in affiliate marketing? Well, everything.
Yes, most of the gyms worldwide have been closed for months. And our ideal vacation destination is most probably still our own couch or a backyard. One could think: Who’d need a perfectly sculptured bikini body anymore? Luckily for affiliate marketers running nutra offers, that’s not everything that this niche is about.
As we have already mentioned, there are numerous other smaller niches within the vertical. And since necessity is the mother of all invention, there are new, smaller niches constantly emerging and adding up to the general vertical.
What smaller niches are within the nutra vertical?
Here’s an extended list of what products and offers can be found within the nutra, health and beauty, or weight loss niche.
✔ Skincare, beauty, and anti-aging products,
✔ Weight loss and dietary supplements or equipment,
✔ Vitamins and herbal supplements,
✔ Healthy lifestyle gadgets,
✔ Healthy eating plans,
✔ Nutritional supplements,
✔ Home workout equipment,
✔ Outdoor sports equipment,
✔ Muscle and back pain relief,
✔ Performance boosters,
✔ Testosterone boosters,
✔ Male enhancement and enlargement supplements,
✔ Brain support like memory boosters and focus enhancements.
If you think these were in fashion pre-coronavirus times only, that’s a BIG MISTAKE.
If you’d like to learn more about other niches, click here and read an article discussing a list of the best niches every smart affiliate marketer should have a look at.
How to advertise nutra offers during the COVID-19 times?
Each and every one of those angles can be applied to the current situation. With more and more time people spent at home, many took to various creative ways of using that extra time on their hands — taking extra care of themselves included.
And with the gyms being closed, or with people being generally discouraged to exercise in publicly accessible spaces, home workouts and outdoor sports became a huge thing again. If not bigger than they have ever been. Well, we are all hoping we’ll come out of the quarantine one day, and we better come out looking good.
Not to mention the general hype on keeping both your body and your mind in a healthy condition. After all, a strong immune system is a desirable thing at the moment. But so is sanity after months of being reunited with your closest ones more than you ever hoped for… only within a much smaller space than you’d wish for.
Months into working from your living room (if you’re lucky), kitchen table, or even a walk-in closet, muscle contractions and back pain struggle is real. Not everybody is able to fit in a full-size working desk and a gamer’s chair into their so-called home office. Pretty sure we’re all missing the office chit-chat at this point… even Karen’s.
With so much stress, anxiety, unfulfilled plans and dreams… and all this energy coming from countless bottles of wine and beer consumed throughout the quarantine for disinfection purposes, we’ve all made plans to come out of the quarantine completely renewed. But then again, due to basically being in lockdown for over a year now, little help never hurts.
Also in the bedroom department.
As you can see, there’s more than plenty of demand opportunities for nutra, health and beauty, as well as a weight-loss niche at the moment. All affiliate marketers have to do is find their offer, figure out the correct marketing angle or two, prepare your advertising strategy and start running tour campaigns.
Always remember to test those for the best results, though. And if one of the angles doesn’t really work for you, the good thing is it can be easily adjusted to match another target sector.
The opportunities are limitless, the supply is vast, and the demand is right there waiting for you to monetize it. So, what are we waiting for?
Since at this point you do understand why now is the time to get on that money wagon, it’s time to learn how to make the most of your affiliate marketing campaigns running nutra offers in 2022.
Let’s start with people.
Who’s into nutra, weight loss or health & beauty ads?
Nutra works for all kinds of people, all over the world, all year round.
Because there’s always a new beauty trend, seasonal hype, pandemic, or a new year, a new me type of situation to promote. One thing that billions of people have in common is…
We all want to feel better, look better, do better… and we want it quick!
Whether it’s summertime that’s just around the corner (last call for anyone who wants to lose weight and look good in their swimsuit while posing to those vacay pics in their backyard), or it’s the middle of the winter season when we all need some vitamin C (and other miraculous supplements… or a vaccine) to keep us healthy and happy — nutra vertical is a great business opportunity for affiliate marketers.
When deciding on your target audience, the most important thing to do is to realize who the products you’re about to promote are meant for.
- Is it a male or a female-targeted product?
- What age group are you about to tap into?
- What language does your target audience use?
- Is it a large or small niche of potential consumers?
- Where is the product most popular? (continent, country, region).
- Is it a seasonal type of product? When’s the peak?
- How do usually people engage with the product? Online or offline?
- How and to whom are similar products advertised?
Other questions that also might be useful when thinking about your consumers are:
- What are the benefits of the product?
- What makes the product you advertise unique?
- What are the best ways to communicate with your target audience?
- How to motivate or prompt your potential consumer into taking the desired action?
One of the biggest advantages and disadvantages of nutra and related verticals is that they’re very seasonal. The dynamic nature of nutra, weight loss, or health and beauty verticals means you need to stay up to date with the latest trends and adjust your marketing efforts accordingly.
How to choose nutra offers that convert?
There’s a number of available offers on the market, and there’s even a greater number of factors that influence whether a given offer can turn out really profitable for you. Of course, we cannot account for all the factors beforehand, but it doesn’t mean we cannot give you a few tips on how to select offers that could do well with your affiliate marketing efforts.
The three most important things to take into consideration when deciding on what kind of offer to sign up for are:
- What kind of a product or service does the offer actually promote?
- How does the desired conversion flow look like and how easy does it make for a user to convert? What are the customer payment options?
- What are the available payout models and what conditions need to be met in order to get paid?
An additional thing to look for is the extra resources that may or may not come with the offer, for example, readymade and customized landing pages or ad creatives, etc. Also, any other regulations or limitations, often due to GEO restrictions or local laws, should be accounted for and realized beforehand. Then, see how the overall picture fits your affiliate marketing strategy, and voila! You now know what to look for in an offer to find your perfect match.
Assess products’ demand and popularity.
Apart from knowing what it is that you’re about to promote to people and actually try to make them buy it, it’s good to know as much as you can about the product or service. There are many ways to check whether there is demand for your offer’s offering, but the simplest of all is Googling it.
No, literally… like just Google it.
You’ll be able to check the product’s competition, see the most frequently asked questions about the product, decide on the marketing angle, learn its benefits, and later propose them to others. Basically, it’s an open book of tips that you can literally rip and run and use for your campaigns. Naturally, we advise doing that within reason. You don’t want to just copycat other people’s content — a little inspiration is more than welcome but always remember to give it your own spin.
Apart from Googling things, or checking Google Trends (see the screenshot below), referring to a spy tool of your choice might also be a good idea. As long as you remember about the inspiration over copycatting part.
Analyze the conversion flow and customer payment options
Why would you care about the way your people who engage with your offers and the side to convert actually pay for the products? Well, maybe because whether they’ll convert or not depends on how easy and credible the process looks for them.
Below you’ll find a detailed description of some of the more popular payment options for customers engaging especially with nutra, health and beauty, or weight loss offers.
Direct sale or Straight Sale model (DS or SS)
The most typical payment model where customers pay the product’s full price upon purchasing it online, usually straight on the offer’s landing page. It’s definitely a sure-fire solution for affiliate advertisers as the payment is made, and so the conversion process is completed.
Although the DS/SS offers may have a lower earning potential, the payouts can be earned a lot quicker than with other payment methods (more on that below.) This is because conversions are recognized immediately, hence such campaigns are easier to manage. When already more advanced in your affiliate marketing efforts, other options may be taken into consideration.
Cash on delivery (COD)
As the name suggests, payment is done once the product gets delivered and received. That does not mean you need to worry about the shipment, though. It’s about users leaving their contact details so they can be later contacted by dedicated teams, and only then can the customer decide if they want to buy the product or not. Once the purchase is confirmed over the phone/email, the product is delivered, and only then the payment is made.
As much as it may seem easier to get people to leave their email address or phone number rather than to get them to buy a product directly on the page, the bounce risk is really high here. People can change their minds at any time and there’s no guarantee that they will actually complete the conversion process and purchase the product you’ve promoted to them.
Then again, this method may seem a lot safer to many customers rather than the direct on-page sale and the need for online payment. Think especially about countries where online payments are still not a thing or elderly people who may be wary of online transactions.
So, as much as this may seem the ultimately best or the worst model, think about whether it fits the products’ target market and how well you’ll be able to manage such campaigns.
Yes, trials are exactly what you’ll be offering. Trial offers provide a free trial or a sample of promoted products in return for customers address (so the sample can be shipped), contact details ( for the future lead nurturing), and billing the beta (in case customers would like to further engage with the promoted product once the trial finishes).
Before any trial begins, leads (people who left their details) need to be verified. Once their name, address, and billing data are confirmed as valid they become approved leads, and products are sent over. The shipment is made without the leads having to pay for the order just yet, or paying only a discounted amount, that’s the trial offer after all. The first billing comes after a fixed amount of time — usually a week or so.
If clients then want to stop the trial or a trial subscription, they’d need to cancel it in order not to be billed anymore. In case clients would like to continue and receive the products again, they don’t need to do anything. Products will be delivered to them after a fixed amount of time, and they will be billed accordingly.
This may seem like a wonderful idea for an offer to be promoted, as you basically give people free stuff… and if they like it, they just continue to receive it. Still, the fact that clients are actually required to provide you with their contact address and billing data may become a bit of a turnoff. That’s why trial offers may become a hit or miss thing depending on your experience and campaign optimization skills.
What are the best affiliate networks & affiliate programs for nutra offers?
Once we’ve analyzed the most pressing issue with knowing how to choose nutra offers that convert, let’s focus on where to get such offers from.
As always, we recommend starting with a little research. Identifying top nutra affiliate programs or networks shouldn’t be too difficult. Just try looking them up online, or find out what nutra sites receive the most traffic. Then check the community reviews, reach out to all your possible contacts and sources, ask about the cooperation, or lastly try to sign up to a few different programs and networks to check their inventory carefully by yourself.
Naturally, the Internet is a vast source and you may spend ages looking for the right offer. Here’s where we’ve got you, bringing you top quality nutra, health and beauty, as well as weight loss offers from the tried and tested affiliate programs and networks. Not to mention the exclusive payouts and deals if you run these guys’ offers with Zeropark traffic.
Oh, you’re wondering how is that even possible?
Zeropark has recently partnered with some of the industry’s finest networks to deliver you just the offers you need, topped with exclusive payouts. As we continue to expand the Offer Wall’s partnerships, we’d recommend checking it regularly for the latest updates. Even now, there are quite a few deals with nutra offers already available.
To get a full grasp of what Zeropark Deals have in store for you, just log into your account and check yourself.
And for those who are not Zeropark customers just yet, here’s a list of recommended sources of offers that are currently also available within the Offer Wall.
Where do nutra, beauty & weight loss offers perform best? [TOP GEOs]
When it comes to targeting GEOs that are currently trending for nutra offers, remember to rely on up-to-date information only. This variable tends to fluctuate a lot, and what’s a top location this month, may not be the best in the next one.
Still, we’re able to identify areas showing strong or stable performance for the nutra vertical.
🌎 English-speaking countries: US, CA, UK, AU.
What to promote?
- weight loss
- muscle gain and fitness supplements
- prescription drugs
- teeth whitening
🌎 LATAM countries: MX, BR, AR, CO but also SE, PT.
What to promote?
- weight loss
- muscle gain and fitness supplements
- prescription drugs
- teeth whitening
- male enhancement
🌎 European countries: DE, FR, IT, SE, PT, DE, NT.
What to promote?
- weight loss
- health supplements
- teeth whitening
🌎 APAC region with countries: CH, TW, IN, TH, PH, ID.
What to promote?
- dietary products
- muscle gain supplements
- prescription drugs
- skin whitening
- parasite treatment
- male enhancement
In order to find out what GEOs perform best at a given time, always contact your support team or ask your dedicated account manager with your affiliate network of a traffic source. Alternatively, we recommend checking our forum updates or signing up for the Traffic Insights newsletter to receive weekly data from Zeropark straight to your inbox.
How to advertise nutra offers for maximum profits? [BEST AD FORMATS]
Now that we know the rules by which users engage with the offer, it’s time to think about what means and tools will be best to enable that engagement. Products can be sold through various channels, yet there are a few classic affiliate advertising formats that we’d especially recommend. These are pop ads, domain redirect traffic, or push ad notifications.
Read below to learn more about which traffic type — mobile or desktop — performs best for nutra campaigns in Zeropark and not only, too.
Pop ads can be really easy to run. That’s why they’re usually recommended to less experienced marketers. It doesn’t mean an affiliate savvy won’t do pop ads, though. On the contrary, many experienced affiliate advertisers choose pop for their nutra ad campaigns. Here are some key reasons:
- No creatives are required.
- You may use your own pre-landers, but they’re not necessary.
- Usually, you get a landing page with an offer.
- There’s lots of traffic to test.
- Traffic is cheap.
- This means you can spend more on testing and optimizing.
- There’s a lot of helpful content and tips on the subject.
Domain Redirect Traffic
Domain redirect might be worth a shot if you’re already an experienced advertiser or you simply do your research right. This type of traffic is based on keyword matching, so running nutra ads with domain traffic allows for very precise targeting. Other characteristics are:
- A bit higher prices than for pop, but still reasonable and well-converting!
- Broad or exact keyword matching allows for targeting users who have already shown interest in a given product.
- Users are redirected to your ad the moment as they enter a parked domain URL.
- If they’re looking for specific products, and they land on a page offering just that, they’re very likely to engage!
- Again, no ad creatives or pre-landers are required.
- Lots of traffic to test and buy when scaling.
Pop and domain traffic tend to bring great results when run with keyword targeting… sometimes much better than with push traffic!
Push or In-Page Push Ads
Because push and in-page push ads are basically a type of native ad format, they’re a great choice for running nutra ads. Your message is delivered straight to their devices in a non-intrusive, user-friendly, and highly-engaging way. Isn’t that the best way for advertisers to connect to their audience? Other benefits are:
- Top-quality traffic.
- A bit higher prices, but conversion rates are worth it.
- Ad creatives are required, but they’re a huge part of push ads’ success.
- Push ads come in the form of interactive messages delivered directly to users’ mobile or desktop devices… anytime, anywhere.
- High engagement rates leading to more conversions.
- Thanks to in-page push ads, advertisers are able to target iOS users, too.
Desktop vs. Mobile Traffic
To answer the mobile-driven demand and the rapidly growing adoption of mobile devices, adjustments were made for the previously desktop-only services. This allowed mobile traffic to take reign and win over desktop traffic. Allowing users to engage with your ads wherever they are, whenever they feel like it.
It’s important to remember that it’s only a general trend. The device split may vary depending on your campaign’s offer, set up, GEO, or other targeting options. Always check with the Zeropark Support Team what works best for you.
Targeting and optimization tips for scaling your nutra campaigns.
As with every campaign, making the targeting choices is crucial for the campaign’s success. However, it’s not about following the same pattern at all times.
Each vertical, offer, or campaign requires an individual approach. Still, there are a few universal rules that can help you make the best choice for your nutra campaign.
Tips for targeting nutra campaigns
- Budget setting — Ask yourself what’s your budget. Remember to include the testing budget, the campaign’s daily budget, and the total budget. Check what’s your offer payout and if you’re not sure how to calculate it yourself, then ask the affiliate network representatives or us!
- Bidding — The same goes for setting up the bids. Though the platform suggests minimal amounts, always check with the traffic source for current GEO, source, or target rates.
- GEO targeting — Again, there are some general trends as to where the nutra vertical tends to perform well. These can change with time. Ask Zeropark representatives for the most up-to-date information or try to run broad campaigns with historically proven GEOs.
- Adult Filtering — As always, do not forget the difference between mainstream and adult targeting. As per Zeropark’s campaign guidelines specified for each ad format, certain rules and regulations need to be followed. If your offer, a landing page, or ad creatives feature elements considered inappropriate for the mainstream audience (according to the campaign’s guidelines) then such campaigns will be rejected by our compliance team and will not run.
- Mainstream ads are possible to run with both mainstream and adult traffic (though running them with adult traffic may not be too profitable). Adult ads will only be allowed with adult traffic. Cases of fraudulent activities are investigated by Zeropark’s compliance team, and if a breach of compliance rules is found, then such campaigns are rejected.
- Frequency Filtering & Day-Parting — If you’re running broad campaigns, don’t have much experience or you’re only testing an offer, then leave the default settings and target it all. Otherwise, you’d risk cutting yourself from potentially profitable traffic. Test, analyze, and only then decide whether to get more granular. Frequency filtering and day-parting may be a very useful option, but only at a later stage for campaigns that are meant to target narrowly.
- Device and OS targeting — As for the device split, remember to check what performs best for your offer. Also, do not block yourself from receiving potential conversions by limiting OSes and OS versions. Start broad and only then cut the under-performers.
Tips for optimizing nutra campaigns
#1 Playing with traffic
Launch broad campaigns first, choose RON targeting to get all traffic coming from a selected country. In this way, you’ll be able to identify top-performing sources for your campaigns. Then, try adding whitelists, but only if you know when and how to use them. They work best if prepared for a specific campaign targeting options you need to identify first.
If you’re interested in several GEOs, launch separate campaigns. Also, don’t forget to check what day-parting works best for your campaigns and adjust accordingly. But do not do that while testing! It’s recommended only for a much later phase and if much distinctive.
Whenever you’re low on traffic volumes, try broader targeting. And never forget to optimize your nutra campaigns per browser and OS versions. Be careful not to cut yourself from profitable traffic, though, just as with day-parting.
#2 Correct bidding
New campaigns usually need to buy traffic a bit faster to get the testing done. The more data you gather, the sooner you’re able to start scaling. Then, play with your bids per given source. Keep adjusting and optimizing your top sources and how much traffic you win.
To fight market saturation, check for your CTRs being too low or relatively high, but bringing no desired conversions.
And always remember that in case you’re not buying enough traffic you need to bid up! Just raise your bids over the average amount and see if you win more traffic. Then again, if you’re spending too fast, but the CTR is satisfying, lower your bid or increase the ad frequency to make the most of the money well spent.
Once you’ll get a sense of what’s working best for you, you’ll be able to set up the Rule-Based Optimization feature. This will save you time and energy constantly monitoring the performance of your campaigns and have the platform react quickly if something goes wrong… or good!
Setting up RBOs enables your campaigns to self-optimize effectively, according to the rules you set. This ensures that your campaigns run well and you spend your money only on the traffic that converts. Please note, the feature is only available for users who have set up conversion tracking as the AI-powered algorithm needs data to recognize the most profitable campaign set-up.
How does it exactly work?
The Rule-Based Optimization feature is constructed in a way that resembles standard IF-THEN logical statements, so they are easy to understand. You can create more than one rule and the system will follow each rule in order from the first to the last one. The structure for a rule is as follows:
IF a condition is met FOR the selected criterion WITHIN a given time frame, THEN perform a certain action.
#4 Approval and rebilling rates
Also, affiliate networks or programs pay close attention to your approval and rebilling rates.
- Approval rates are evaluated for the number of quality leads you brought to an offer.
- Rebilling rates show how many of the customers that converted through your offer have actually further engaged with it.
These two metrics are especially important for all parties involved in running trial nutra campaigns, even though they don’t show directly in your traffic source platform data.
A low approval or rebill rate means that the leads you brought are of poor quality. This may cause issues for the offer owner (affiliate program or network), affiliate advertiser (that’s you), and even the traffic source platform as you won’t be happy with the received traffic and overall campaign results. It’s all about spending time, money, and effort on doing something that doesn’t bring the expected Return on investment (ROI) for everyone in the process.
Marketing ideas for nutra niche. [ADs & LANDING PAGE EXAMPLES]
Many budding affiliate advertisers ask if pre-landing pages are actually necessary. The answer is — no. If you’re already a bit more experienced advertiser, you will probably be asking if using pre-landers in your campaigns improves their overall performance. And the answer is — yes.
Using pre-landers is not necessary but much recommended practice to ensure that users who enter the offer page are actually motivated to leave their data, make that purchase… and possibly bring you the desired conversion!
Remember that consistent flow, made of ad creatives, banners, pop-ups, pre-landing pages or offer pages only needs to display a clear purpose for the user to follow while maintaining the credibility of the offered product so as to build up user’s confidence and lead them straight where you want to see them — making a purchase, leaving their details or signing up for an offer trial.
✔ DO tips for well-converting landing pages with nutra offers
- Always add pre-landers to your campaign’s flow,
- Use visual aids to show or explain the offered product/service/benefits
- Help a user convert — simply explain the steps to getting what your ads offer
- It’s a good moment to ensure users about the safety or anonymity of engaging with an offer.
- Explain all the benefits, payment options, legal regulation — anything relevant to the betting offer you’re making.
✔ Tips for higher CTR with nutra landers
- All creatives should appear both credible and appealing to users. People spot shady landers or ad images at once!
- If you’re using landers and pre-landers, it’d be a good idea that the two actually match. It helps to increase credibility and engagement as users won’t feel that much of the difference when going through the funnel and will continue to do so.
- Add positive reviews or user comments to raise the sense of credibility.
- Match the language with the country! You want your audience to understand the offer.
- Loading speed is of utmost importance! And less is more, actually.
- Creating a sense of urgency helps prompt users to action.
- Icons imitating unread messages are great elements for engaging users.
- Test your creatives to find the best-performing one.
- Rotate your creatives to avoid creative fatigue!
- Icons or simple images convert better (especially with smaller graphics, like push ad creatives) than a cluttered image.
- Images of people tend to perform better rather than cartoon-like visuals.
- You can always test your creatives using images of men vs. women to see which works better.
- Adjust the theme per seasonal trend, e.g. new year resolutions or getting ready for the summertime.
- Use spy tools for research purposes — but don’t just copycat content.
- Keep your ad visuals according to the policy guidelines or nobody will ever see them.
Nutra push ads examples
As always, here’s a little cheat sheet for you to get an idea of what we’re talking about. Always put theory into practice and then test it anyhow to see what strategies work best for your nutra campaigns.
Regardless of whether you are a budding affiliate who only started in the business once the pandemic kicked off, or you’re already an experienced affiliate marketing pro who’s been in this business forever, one thing is pretty much clear at this point — there’s a great demand for nutra, health and beauty, as well as weight loss offers that’s waiting for you to monetize.
The growth curve for the nutra offers is on the rise, and there’s no sign of slowing down. thinking of how all the beauty moguls are frantically getting into the business, coming up with new miraculous products that make us all Bold and Beautiful overnight (thanks Kylie!), why wouldn’t you like to have a piece of that billion-dollar worth cake, too?
You know what we say when supply meets demand, purchase-ready customers are there, and there’s money on the table only waiting to be taken…