31st of October 2020 will surely be different from the past year’s Halloween celebrations. Luckily for affiliate marketers, this means you will only be able to make even bigger profits than usual.
How is that even possible? Isn’t Coronavirus stopping people from trick or treating, going to spooky parties, and admiring those perfectly carved out pumpkins placed in your neighbor’s yard?
Well, it definitely is.
But although these are tough times we’re living in, some things just cannot be canceled. And Halloween is one of those things. Despite social distancing and all the safety precautions, people are still able to figure out a safe and healthy way to get spooky on Halloween weekend. Don’t let such an opportunity go by untapped.
Read the article to learn 5 affiliate marketing hacks to monetizing Halloween in 2020!
1. Research how COVID-19 affects consumer behavior this Halloween.
It has already become evident that Q4 2020 is going to be like nothing we have ever seen before. With the coronavirus pandemic still on, and not going anywhere anytime soon, people all over the world moved their holiday shopping online. And although it’s not the Black Weekend or Christmas just yet, Halloween is the time for parties and celebrations all the same.
According to Matthew Shay, the President, and CEO of NRF:
Consumers continue to place importance on celebrating our traditional holidays, even if by untraditional standards. (…) Retailers are prepared to meet the increased demand for seasonal décor, costumes, and other items that allow families the opportunity to observe Halloween safely.
Millions of consumers still declare their plans to get involved in Halloween activities this year. Yes, experts do admit that Halloween spending is expected to be lower than 2019, going from almost $8.8 billion to ca. $8 billion in 2020. Nevertheless, people still plan to spend an average of $90 per person to celebrate the 31st of October as the National Retail Federation reports.
What’s important for affiliate marketers, though, is that they will most likely spend it online.
As we already mentioned, this season is entirely unique, yet still so important for everyone in the affiliate marketing business. If you’d like to learn more about affiliate marketing trends for Q4 2020, Black Friday, the holiday shopping season, and the whole Golden Quarter, just read the article with the latest insights on the subject — coronavirus updates included!
2. Spy on your competition… always.
Market research is an important part of a campaign building process. Once you’ve researched the seasonal trends, it’s time to spy on your competition and see what they’re up to before launching your ads. Remember that the bigger the picture, the better you’ll be prepared to make the most of your advertising efforts. That’s why spy tools might be just the thing you need at this point.
Having a sneak-peek into what your competitors do in regards to the subject you’re about to promote, for example Halloween, provides you not only with new, different, or already winning ideas. It also helps you understand if the market is saturated with certain content, if there’s space to promote similar products and angles, or if it’s best to maybe find new ones.
Spy tools usually allow you to get very granular data for your affiliate marketing campaigns. You’re able to check what GEOs perform best with what kind of offers or creatives, what angle or ad format is prevailing, but also which traffic source gets the most exposure.
Such insights help advertisers make the best decisions for their Halloween ads, especially since the occasion requires the ad creatives to match the spooky mood.
This means spy tools allow marketers to:
✔︎ check what the competition is up to,
✔︎ create campaigns that meet the market’s needs and expectations,
✔︎ get creative ideas,
✔︎ take note of market saturation,
✔︎ prevent creative fatigue while tapping into consumer demand.
Since nothing comes without effort, in order to succeed, you need to always be one step ahead of the competition. To do just that, you need to know what they’re up to, how they do what they do, as well as use the best tools offering advanced features that will help you do all that. So if you’re still not sure what spy tools are, how or why to use them, or which ones to choose, here’s an article that’s surely worth having a look at this time of year.
3. Target your ads where Halloween is a blast!
Every successful affiliate marketing campaign depends on finding the best converting CPA offer… and knowing where to target it. That way, with an abundance of offers available out there, it might be wise to focus on the vertical and GEO first. Looking at Zeropark’s historical data, we were able to identify a set of niches and regions that tend to perform especially well around Halloween.
🎃 Top-performing verticals for Halloween:
- Surveys and Sweepstakes
🎃 Top-performing GEOs for Halloween:
- English speaking countries: US, UK, CA, AU, IR
- Spanish speaking countries: ES, MX, BR, CH, AR
- European countries: IT, DE, FR, NT, SW, PL, RO, RU
- Asian countries: CN, JP, TH, PH
Having these actionable insights allows affiliates to choose offers that fit right into the type and place with currently trending Halloween demand. If you’re not sure how or where to get the best converting offers from, have a look below!
4. Find the best CPA offers for Halloween [SPOOOKY BONUS INSIDE!]
Affiliate marketing is full of opportunities and everyone can find something for themselves. But the most important thing is to know what you’re looking for and then go find it.
- If you’re looking for a wide selection of opportunities from various niches, then join an affiliate network.
- And if you’re into more direct cooperation, with no intermediaries involved, there’s plenty of Halloween affiliate programs just waiting for you to promote their products. Advertising alloween costumes, the pumpkin spice latte season, trick or treating,
Whatever the occasion, niche, ad format, or offer type you’re specializing in, always talk to the representatives of a network or program you choose to join. They will surely be able to find the right fit for you and maximize your chances of making a profit… for all parties involved.
But with so many choices available out there, it’s no wonder the abundance of offers makes it sometimes impossible to pick the winning one right away. That’s why we’re here to help you and give you a heads up with a few of Zeropark recommendations. As a trusted traffic source we know these are credible choices, bringing you a wide portfolio of profitable options for all kinds of verticals and niches that can be monetized during Halloween hype.
To do a bit of research on the subject before talking to any representatives, we’d advise you to have a look at this article explaining the details, comparing the pros and cons of joining affiliate networks or programs, as well as listing examples of the top industry choices.
Then, if you’re our customer already, all you need to do is log into your account and check out the Offer Wall section. If you’re not a Zeropark customer yet, then look below for a trick… or treat!
5. Use top Halloween advertising ideas & get spooky with your creatives!
Honestly… tuning up your creatives to match the Halloween mood is the simplest task ever.
If you’re not into thorough research and following the meticulous tips covering the latest trends and money-making hacks, just Goole ‘Halloween ad ideas’. What you’ll get is an endless list of Halloween-themed visuals. Doing thorough keyword and topic research also might be the key to success, try checking out phrases like Halloween costumes, best Halloween disguises ideas, Halloween candy, or Halloween party supplies.
But since we know you’re better than that, here’s our compilation of creative tips that will make your CTR go over the roof…
- All creatives should appear both credible and appealing to users. Poor quality visuals will only deter potential customers.
- Remember to match the flow of your ads so users won’t feel that much of the difference when going through the funnel. Match your ads, pre-landers, and landing pages to help customers carry on their journey until that spooky conversion is made!
- Work on your translations and adjust the language to the given country! You want your audience to understand the offer, even if the image says it all.
- Loading speed is of the utmost importance! Less is more.
- Creating a sense of urgency is always a good idea. It prompts users into action and helps you close the deal. A Halloween countdown will surely catch your customer’s attention!
- If we’re talking push ads, the icons imitating unread messages are always a great element for engaging users.
- In general, real photographs work better than cartoon-like visuals. And with the abundance of free stock Halloween images, finding the eeriest, spookiest, scariest photographs is easy peasy pumpkin squeezy.
- When it comes to push notification ads, don’t go too crazy though! There’s too little space so you need to keep it clear and visible
- Colors are very important with Halloween ads — use black, gold, orange, green, red, violet, or pink.
- Include typical themes: pumpkins, spiders, black cats, ghosts, witches, bloody fingers, mummies, and all that Halloween decor portfolio.
- Since emojis tell stories, and there’s a wide selection of Halloween themed ones, do include them into your message,
- Always test your creatives to find the best-performing items.
- Rotate them frequently to avoid creative fatigue and reuse already made projects.
- Icons or simple images convert better (especially with smaller graphics, like push ad creatives) than a cluttered image.
- We suggest testing creatives using images of men vs. women to see which works better.
- Another tip, a sexy Halloween theme always works, especially for the dating vertical!
- Do use spy tools for research purposes — but don’t just copycat content.
- Keep your ad visuals according to the policy guidelines or otherwise, in the scariest and most terrifying scenario ever, they’ll get rejected and nobody will ever see them!
- Prepare for running ads in Q4 with these creative resources cheat sheet!